Keeping Kitsap Great
My sincere thanks to the community for their support during the 2016 election cycle. I’m so honored and humbled to continue to serve our community as your County Commissioner.
The past five years as your Commissioner have been extremely fulfilling for me, and I hope you believe that your investment has paid off.
Since my election as your Kitsap County Commissioner, I have worked tirelessly to improve the quality of life for citizens across Kitsap County, and I am pleased to share with you a few of my recent accomplishments:
- Adopted a Shoreline Management Program that provides a balance of property rights and environmental protections, and is used as a model for other jurisdictions across the state.
- Worked to improve the holdings of our parks and open spaces by adding over 1,000 acres and 1.5 miles of shoreline that will protect our environment, while supporting a growing recreational tourism economy.
- Led the development of a Forest Stewardship Policy that focuses on restorative thinning in existing parks, while generating non-tax revenues to fund long-term forest stewardship.
- Balanced the budget to ensure the county was restored to solid financial footing following the economic downturn – our bond ratings remains high, county offices are now back open 5 days per week, and we’ve reinstated lost positions in the Sheriff’s Department and jail.
- Voted to implement a 1/10th of 1% sales tax to support mental health and substance abuse programs – including funding to open the county’s first triage center to help keep vulnerable individuals out of our jail and hospitals.
- Facilitated the completion of the Kingston Village Green Community Center through property transfers, and the contribution of funding from the sale of related holdings.
I cherish the opportunity to work hand -in-hand with you and continue to make a difference in our community.
Please never hesitate to contact me on county business at email@example.com .
All the best,